Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Chris Staub wrote these words on 07/07/05 21:32 CST:
>
>>I've always thought it would be nice if the optional dependencies for
>>the various packages also described what functionality they provide. Or
>>is this info deliberately left out to emphasize the "learning
>>experience" goal of lfs?
>

> Yes, there has been talk of doing this in the past. However, manpower
> and time constraints probably prohibit it. It would be a *bunch* of
> work. If I'm not mistaken, there is an open bug about this very issue.

Yes, it is bug 767 opened 2004-05-14.  I've been looking at the older
bugs and have been thinking about making this one WONTFIX because of the
manpower and time issues.  Doing the research to figure out what the
optional dependencies provide is probably an order of magnitude harder
than just figuring out what the build process looks for.

  -- Bruce