On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 11:42:24AM -0500, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:

> Are you trying to get labels for your "interfaces" or just additional
> addresses? The 3.2.2 bootscripts call `ip addr add`, which will work
> for as many IP addresses as you'd like to use on an interface. Unless
> I'm misreading the scripts (I don't use the LFS bootscripts myself,
> but I do use multiple addresses per interface) you can simply use
> multiple config files with the same interface name.

Thanks, I was just informed of this by Jim Gifford as well. I just
assumed I had to use unique identifiers. I only use iproute2 because I
got tired of rewriting the bootscripts to conform to ifconfig (which I
still use for everything that requires manual attention). Though it
looks like now I might have to learn ip. :(

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs