Hello,

while testing the utf8-newmake CD, I found that it (unlike utf8-r0 CD) won't load usb-storage and sd-mod modules if I plug in my USB MP3 player. The reason is that udev no longer runs programs in /etc/hotplug.d (in particular, usb.agent and scsi.agent). This has also been noticed twice in BLFS: once due to ALSA volume restoration, and the second time due to HAL/D-BUS thingy. Please build the compatibility helper, run_directory:

make EXTRAS=extras/run_directory/

and add the following rule:

RUN+="/sbin/udev_run_hotplugd"

I know this is a legacy setup, but the proper pure-udev setup that breaks nothing in BLFS requires linux-2.6.14, patched libusb and mandatory initramfs (and thus cpio-2.6 in LFS) which is IMHO too early to implement.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov