On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Andrew Benton wrote:

Ken Moffat wrote:
Were you using glibc-20050926, or glibc-2.3-20050926 ? Oh, and did you definitely include the bash avoid_WCONTINUED patch ?

I started with glibc-20050912 and I've been updating it with cvs every Sunday (I know how to have fun on my day off..). Yes, I definitely used the bash avoid_WCONTINUED patch. I was really just posting all that to reinforce what you were saying about how we should be careful picking which glibc tarball we build from.

Ah, my mistake. FWIW, I'm starting to believe that the elapsed-time variations in my tests were caused by allowing xscreensaver to run.

Ken