M.Canales.es wrote:
Hi!

I'm very happy to announce that jhalfs is now able to build a full LFS SVN system (or any other LFS XML sources based in current LFS SVN) in a very simple way and using the actual commands found in the XML sources.

The sources can be downloaded via

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk

Testers are needed to find possible bugs, features request, code improvements, make better build logs, etc...

Feature request: don't hardcode target numbers. E.g., in my UTF-8 book, a new package (gdbm) has been added, thus causing number skew for all packages after it. Thus, constructions of the following form fail:

if [ "$i" = "082-groff" ] ; then {do something} ; fi.

Until this is fixed, I can't make my UTF-8 book compatible with jhalfs.

BTW, a similar problem will appear soon in trunk due to removal of hotplug.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov