Bryan Kadzban wrote:

(The rule that we have has SUBSYSTEM=="usb", which will only load
modules for USB devices.  This is wrong -- if the user builds a PCI
device's driver as a module, that module will never get loaded!

Yep. In my defence though, USB was the easiest subsystem for me to test, so I limited the module loading rule to that. I've now committed r7388 which changes it to the wildcarded version.

I'm still concerned that we won't load all modules correctly though; some of the distro rules load various SCSI modules dependent on the SYSFS{type} variable. I'd appreciate it if someone with the necessary hardware could test to see what does or doesn't work.

Regards,

Matt.