On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:30:18AM +0500, Dimitry Naldayev wrote:

> why we want mount /dev in udev startup script? Why not do this task in
> another script running before udev startup?

It is done before udev is started. It just happens to be done in the
same script that starts udev and currently that is the most logical. We
can't do it in the mountfs script because udev must run before that. We
could do it in the mountkernfs script, but it gains us nothing and also
makes the name mountkernfs inaccurate.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch