Greg Schafer wrote:
> echo '/* empty */' > linux/compiler.h

Hmm... Is this really necessary?  I've been running Alexander's tests
(http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2006-March/056159.html)
on the output of Jim's script, and right now, it looks like
include/linux/byteorder/swab.h is choking on __attribute_const__, which
compiler.h nicely defines to empty for us.  We could remove all the
__attribute_const__ strings like we do __iomem, but why duplicate all
that effort?

(Of course, the removal of __iomem makes compiler.h fail to compile as
well, since it defines __iomem to nothing.  But removing the __iomem
string just makes that line become "#define ", which gcc chokes on.  I
would think that in both cases, it'd be cleaner to add an "#include
<linux/compiler.h>" instead of removing the offending string on our own.
Unless there's some issue with linux/compiler.h that I don't see.
That's entirely possible -- I'm a fairly decent C programmer, but I
don't really have a great handle on the kernel.)