On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 01:09:44PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Well if you have a mount point of /mnt/lfs, you can try doing:
>
> mount -t tmpfs -o rw,size=4G tmpfs /mnt/lfs
> mkdir /mnt/lfs/sources
> cp -a <sources dir>  /mnt/lfs/sources
>
> I'd think that 4G would be plenty.  After building, don't forget to copy
> everything to a permanent location.

 For the minimal amount of time which will be saved by having the
sources in a tmpfs, I would suggest binding their current location
to /mnt/lfs/sources.

 More importantly, if you have to shutdown during the build don't
forget to copy it all!  Similarly, copy what you have done before
the power fails ;-)

ĸen