On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:51:37PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >   On my build of approximately 7.3 I got 4 failures in the procps
> > tests.  Pierre has fixed two of them (slabtop), but now that I've
> > finished a minimal desktop I wanted to try to understand the other
> > two before I try to prove it can build itself [ _without_ analyzing
> > if it is bitwise the same, I've long since abandonned that ].
> >
> >   I can't make head or tail of what is being run.  I suspect that my
> > absence of static libs in this build might be to blame for these
> > errors, but I'll note that this time the slabtop tests were ok
> > without the patch.  The interesting part of the log is:
> >
> > Running ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp ...
> > ERROR: tcl error sourcing ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp.
> > ERROR: can't read "tty": no such variable
>
> I've seen this if trying in chroot without /dev mounted.  It needs /proc
> too.

 Thanks, but I'm 99% certain both were mounted each time.

> >      while executing
> > "spawn $pgrep -t $tty $testproc_comm"
> >      (file "./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp" line 83)
> >      invoked from within
> > "source ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp"
> >      ("uplevel" body line 1)
> >      invoked from within
> > "uplevel #0 source ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp"
> >      invoked from within
> > "catch "uplevel #0 source $test_file_name""
> > Running ./pkill.test/pkill.exp ...
> > Running ./pmap.test/pmap.exp ...
> > FAIL: pmap extra extended output (footer)
> > FAIL: pmap double extra extended output (footer)
> >
> >   The two ERROR messages don't get counted as failures, only the two
> > FAIL.  Any comments, or should I just quietly ignore this ?
>
> I run tests using jhalfs.  I did get:
>
> ERROR: tcl error sourcing ./kill.test/kill.exp.
> ERROR: couldn't execute "/sources/procps-ng-3.3.6/kill": no such file or
> directory
>
> I expect that though because we are specifically using --disable-kill.
>
> Otherwise I have:
>
> # of expected passes            95
> # of untested testcases         20
>
> >   I'll also note that the glibc tests seem to have a race in
> > something - on my first run, my build failed with Error 2 in the
> > posix tests although the only failures I could find were Error 1.
> > Sometimes, I really regret using set -e.  Gave it what I thought
> > might be a fix (|| true), sailed through.  Only later did I find
> > other tests failing (e.g. ld because of no static libs) and discover
> > that my attempted fix was ineffective ( set +e  ... set -e works if
> > you want to save $? to record it in the logs or stamps ) and
> > therefore the second run had not hit the same failure.  I guess I'm
> > increasingly inclined to disregard the tests - sometimes they show a
> > problem, but more often any test failures are inconclusive. <sigh/>
>
> For glibc, the only thing I have is:
>
> $ grep Error 071-glibc
> make[3]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[3]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/rt/tst-cputimer1.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [rt/tests] Error 2
> make[3]: [/sources/glibc-build/conform/run-conformtest.out] Error 1
> (ignored)
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
>
> I get no FAIL messages at all.
>
>    -- Bruce

 I've overwritten the original log, but I didn't see any FAIL, just
some Error 1s that seemed to escalate to Error 2.  On the second
build all I've got from the grep is

make[2]: [/building/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make[2]: [/building/glibc-build/conform/run-conformtest.out] Error 1
(ignored)

 - not my main problem at the moment - I'm now running it, but nfs
(with updates) isn't working.  Adding an /etc/netconfig (!) sort of
helps, but rpcbind still isn't working.  I'm seeing
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Unknown host

 For the moment, I'm not sure if it is something in the nfs stack,
or just a change in the newer iptables.  I suspect the nfs stack,
but I'm _not_ going to be able to do any more building until I get
to the bottom of this.  Not a reason to delay 7.3 (my changes in
nfs are newer versions), but annoying.

ĸen