On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 06:01:49PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> My result is identical.  I think it's internal to the math co-processor
> hw.  I've seen this for years.  Noted in the book.

 OK, I was on a series of ttys while I looked at the logs and I
didn't bother to look at the book.

> >   Interestingly, the last screen of the check log just shows a lot
> > of lines reporting Total tests: 300, Total failures: 0 among a few
> > other things, so it is easy to overlook these failures (and anyway
> > they almost certainly don't matter).
>
> That's just the last set of tests not a sum of all tests.

 Yes, but it explains why _I_ probably didn't notice it before.  I
tend to lack something in the "review _everything_" part of
"thoroughness" when a check log appears to have ended ok.

> > 2. gcc
> > Running /building/gcc-4.8.1/gcc/testsuite/g++.dg/asan/asan.exp ...
> > FAIL: g++.dg/asan/asan_test.C  -O2  AddressSanitizer_HugeMallocTest
> > Ident((char*)malloc(size))[-1] = 0 output pattern test, should match
> > is located 1 bytes to the left of 2726297600-byte
>
> Seems to pass for me on x86_64.

 My x86_64 7.4 is powered down at the moment, might take a look
later if I remember.
> >   and
> > Running
> > /building/gcc-4.8.1/libmudflap/testsuite/libmudflap.c++/c++frags.exp
> > FAIL: libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx ( -O) execution test
> > FAIL: libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx (-O2) execution test
> > FAIL: libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx (-O3) execution test
>
> This has been around for *years*.

 Yes.  Just noting what I saw on this run (apart from in bash and
vim which are fairly impenetrable).
> > 3. glibc
> > make: *** [check] Error 2
> >   - pretty much as expected, I think
>
> Yes.
>
> > 4. inetutils -
> > Failed at pinging ::1.
>
> Do you have IPv6 enabled in the running kernel?

 Not sure.  I'll need to check and compare what is on the x86_64
kernel where the tests always passed.

> > 5. texinfo.
> > FAIL: test_scripts/formatting_unknown_nodes_renamed.sh
> >
> >   Not sure if Matt's patch fixes this.
>
> Don't know, but I had:
>
> FAIL: prove.sh
>
> formatting_unknown_nodes_renamed.sh passed for me.

 I think I had a patch in my builds (on the other machine) last
week, but if I did then I lost it in moving to 7.4-rc.  Will check
when I can go back to the git branch I used for building that, and
when I've checked all the logs.

ĸen