Le 28/02/2014 23:24, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Em 28-02-2014 18:23, Ken Moffat escreveu:
>>
>>> i686, nor if we should care.
>>
>> Is i686 gong to be deprecated?
>
> I don't think so.  My main system is still a 686, but I don't normally
> do a full development on it.  If we don't have the hardware, then we
> could always build in a virtual environment.
>
>    -- Bruce

FWIW, I've built successfully rc1 on virtual 32 bit, but not done much BLFS
testing.

Now, I have a question. I have never been involved in development, so just
take my question as a mark of curiosity: what is the reason to expect release
of LFS and BLFS to be close in time? I would think of something like:

- LFS rc1 (duration: a few weeks, unless there is a need for rc2):
  - freeze packages on LFS
  - extensive testing of LFS build; correct security issues and blockers
  - update BLFS svn as usual
- LFS stable, BLFS test against LFS (duration: a month or so):
  - restart updating LFS svn
  - stop testing/updating BLFS against the previous LFS release
  - begin building/updating/tagging BLFS against the recent LFS release
- BLFS rc1 (duration: a few weeks + possibly rc2,3...):
  - freeze packages on BLFS.
  - extensive testing of BLFS build; correct security issues and blockers
  - tag untagged packages
- BLFS stable

What I see as an advantage is that during the LFS rc stage, it is still
possible to change a few things on LFS, without risk to break already tagged
pacakges in BLFS. But there may be drawbacks I do not see...

Pierre