On 03/02/2014 10:13 AM, William Harrington wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2014, at 8:22 AM, thomas wrote:
>
>> If I remember right, at least in previous versions of the kernel
>> sources
>> the target directory had been cleared before the headers were written.
>> That would be no good for the /tools/include dir but meaningless for
>> the
>> newly created "dest" dir. So when first installing to a dummy-dir and
>> than copy over, no loss of files happens.
> Seeing how the kernel headers are installed after gcc pass1 and
> binutils pass1 in ch5, then that is a problem since /tools/include is
> populated. If you install the kernel headers right at the beginning,
> then it wouldn't be a problem as /tools/include wouldn't exist at that
> time.
>
> Final system kernel headers install wouldn't be  a problem as /usr/
> include isn't populated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

I am working on Chapter 5, so I will only comment on that as that is all
I have info for right now.

Chapter 5.4 binutils doesn't put any include files into /tools/include,
places include files into x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu/lib

Chapter 5.5 gcc places an empty directory into /tools so that
/tools/inculde exists at this point but it is empty.

Chapter 5.6 linux api headers is next but since the /tools/include
directory is empty at this point there is nothing to over write.  So
installing the linux API headers into /tools/nclude should overwrite
nothing.

Is this correct?