From: "Armin K." <kre...@email.com>
Subject: Re: [lfs-dev] udev, eudev, mdev
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 17:09:16 +0100

> On 03/04/2014 04:23 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I've been working on udev and have got it to build with the systemd-210
>> source.  The problem is that it is getting more and more intertwined
>> with the rest of systemd requiring things that don't seem to be applicable.
>>
>> For instance,
>>
>> filea.c requires a function from
>> fileb.c which requires a function from
>> filec.c.
>>
>> The problem is that filea really doesn't require anything from filec,
>> but the build process doesn't like unresolved references.
>>
>> My question is whether we need to try either eudev or mdev.  Does anyone
>> have any experience with eudev or mdev?
>>
>> I note that the latest eudev is dated today.
>>
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/eudev/
>>
>>    -- Bruce
>>

> eudev is rather the udev from pre-systemd merge with all the latest
> fixes pulled from systemd tree.
>
> Note sure, but I think mdev is something else and not really compatible
> with original udev. eudev seems to be the best solution for (B)LFS.

  You probably alredy know that clfs uses eudev. I am
  personnaly running a clfs 2.1.0 multilib 64-32 and eudev
  seems to work perfectly. Since an lfs is very close to a clfs
  (before this clfs I installed 2 or 3 lfs version so I may
  consider that I know these system quite well.) I might
  predict that eudev will work on an lfs.

  Regards

  Pierre