On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 04:58:38PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 12:07:55AM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> >
> > Interesting, I had just suggested to Bruce (the other day on IRC) that we
> > go ahead and do it. I've seen absolutely no failures with bfd as the
> > default linker with both big DEs installed. I haven't gotten around to
> > newer QT yet. I was hoping we'd see a 2.28 release well before now. Does QT
> > pick up gold by default?
> >
> It seems not - I have both ld.gold, ld.bfd and ldd (bfd) in /usr/bin,
> with a /usr/bin/gold directory containing an ld symlink.  I normally
> put that first on the PATH, but using a normal PATH it used ld.bfd.

Hmm, I just took a look at my scripts to see where I mention gold,
and I discovered that I added -no-use-gold-linker to qt5 a while
ago, so presumably it has not worked for a while.  That may well be
in qtwebengine (I only really build qt for qupzilla on my normal
builds).

And that switch apparently no longer works.  Strange.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods