https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-08/msg00010.html

One change I see is that the kernel must be 3.2 or later. We will need to update section 2.2, but I don't think it makes any practical difference.

GNU Binutils 2.25 or later is now required. This is probably not an issue for us in Chapter 5 as we build binutils first. We currently require binutils-2.17. Should we change this?

gcc-4.9 or later is required. Note that gcc-7.2 is probably going to be released in the next week or so.

Please take a look and let us know if you see any other issues we need to address.

  -- Bruce