hykw...@sina.com wrote:

Actually, I want to build a new kernel with my old kernal config (for the
kernel 4.9) and here is my procedure:

1. Extract Linux source codes
2. switch to the source code folder and type "make mrproper"
3. copy the old configure file to the folder: cp /sources/config-4.9 .config
4. type "make oldconfig" and apply default value for all new options
5. type "make menuconfig" and check the value of the "Module signature
verification". Also, I make sure it is OFF.
6. type "make" to build the codes.

That is basically the procedure I use also.

I used Linux kernel 4.14.17, 4.15 and 4.15.1 source codes and followed the
above procedures. However, I could build the kernel 4.14.17 sucessfully only. I
got the same error message for kernel 4.15 and 4.15.1.

So, any other options should I unselect for kernel 4.15?

I took a look at this and I think we will need to move openssl from BLFS to LFS to enable the kernel to build. The good news is that openssl does not depend on any other BLFS packages, so it is just that one page.

By my count, there are 72 packages in BLFS that refer to openssl so it may be a good move anyway.

For now, I suggest building openssl in chroot before trying to build the kernel.

  -- Bruce