Paul Menzel wrote:
Dear Armin,

Am 21.02.2018 um 18:04 schrieb Armin K.:
On 21.2.2018. 10:09, Paul Menzel wrote:

systemd 237 [1] installs the udev rule `/lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules`, which contains the line below.

```
KERNEL=="kvm", GROUP="kvm", MODE="0666", OPTIONS+="static_node=kvm"
```

As the group `kvm` is only added in the BLFS QEMU chapter [2], the error below is shown in the log.

```
systemd-udevd[196]: Specified group 'kvm' unknown
```

If I am not mistaken, either, the group should be created in the systemd chapter or the rule should be patched out.

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/systemd/chapter06/systemd.html
[2] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/qemu.html

The group is added in LFS:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/systemd/chapter06/createfiles.html

mail:x:34:
kvm:x:61:
systemd-bus-proxy:x:72:

Thank you, I missed that. Then the addition of the group is not needed in the BLFS QEMU chapter, is it?

The group kvm is only in the systemd version of LFS.

It is not in the systemd version of blfs for that reason.

  -- Bruce