On 04/06/2018 05:14 PM, Elly McClary wrote:

Can we please not start bickering about this? Standards do change, and
personal preference can't always be used to provide an exception. (Said
from very recent experience with DOE standards.)

We do allow expressing opinions here if they are stated reasonably. If you consider a discussion with a difference of opinion bickering, then just delete the message. You don't have to read the whole thing.

When you go to a community, generally reasonable people adopt the standards of that community. They do not expect the community to change. We were discussing those standards for the LFS mailing lists.

I do note that you did bottom post, but didn't bother to trim anything.

  -- Bruce