On 3/25/2019 4:34 AM, Xi Ruoyao via lfs-dev wrote:
On 2019-03-24 12:49 -0500, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev wrote:
On 3/24/19 12:20 PM, Xi Ruoyao via lfs-dev wrote:
In r11250 DJ introduced several symlinks and GCC -isystem options for Glibc
so
it will use the final system location of system headers.  When I was poking
around Debian package build processes I found they were using -ffile-prefix-
map
to complete this goal.

This has serveral advantages:

1. The instruction is simpler.
2. No risk of forgetting to remove the symlinks.
3. No /usr/include/limits.h issue.

Is this OK to be commited into the trunk?

It looks OK to me.  Go ahead.  After you do, I will do a complete build
and double check.  I wan tot update the kernel and iproute anyway.

Commited at r11560.  Just built a new LFS (overwriting my old LFS 8.1) to make
sure it works.

Thanks for this. Much, much cleaner for the instructions, and seems from the rest of the thread, the end result is the same.

Strange thing:  both methods (-isystem and -ffile-prefix-map) still left a few
paths beginning with /tools/include.  Open libc.so with vim, search "/tools",
then we can see them.  I'm not sure why.

For future reference, the 'strings' utility might be better suited for this task, rather than opening a binary in a text editor.

$ strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep "tools"

HTH

--DJ