Whatever happened to the multilib patch?  I was following the thread back
in August 2018:

On 08/25/2018 12:13 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:

>* One more thing, need to add lib32 paths to remove-la-files.sh. I, thus
*>* far, have not messed with lib32x. I used a separate path for  files in
*>* /usr/lib32. Same for /usr/lib32/pkgconfig and /usr/local/lib32/pkgconfig.
*>
On second thought, there is no purpose for the pc files in
/usr/lib32/pkgconfig, should just remove the directory if it exists.
Regardless of the libdir value in the pc file, the libraries themselves
will always be in the library search path because of our change to
/etc/ld.so.conf.

--DJ

and then it seemed to die.

I've found this: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-systemd-multilib/

from Nov 2018.

However, I'd love to help/test/edit an updated multilib patch to work
against the current 9.1 version of LFS/BLFS.

I was able to get my printer to work with multilib using these
outdated references, but I was only able to get steam to function with
a flatpak.

If DJ or Thomas would like to revisit the multilib patch or
lfs-systemd-multilib version of the book, I'd love to help.

Thanks,

Tim Russo