On 2020-08-21 17:59 -0500, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev wrote:
> On 8/21/20 4:40 PM, Ken Moffat via lfs-dev wrote:
> > I've now run the full set of tests on three different builds of
> > 10.1-rc1, and I'm almost in agreement about the expected results.
> >
> > Two builds were on ryzen.  Those used -O3 throughout, even in gcc
> > where I had stopped doing that because of failures I described as in
> > the torture tests.  Reinstated because on a semi-decent development
> > machine I want to build more quickly.  The other build was one my i3
> > skylake using -O2 - it's not a main development machine.
> >
> > The following packages still cause me to query what the book says:
> >
> > tcl: I still think that the line
> >   Files with failing tests: http.test httpold.test
> > should be mentioned in addition to the clock test (which exits with
> > errors).
> >
> > gcc: I get two additional failures in libstdc++ on all three
> > machines,
> >
> > FAIL: 20_util/unsynchronized_pool_resource/allocate.cc execution test
> > FAIL: 22_locale/numpunct/members/char/3.cc execution test

I didn't see them.   Neither Bruce's build log.

> > Totals for unexpected failures in my builds:
> >           -O2   -O3
> >   g++      17    17 and 18
> >   gcc       7    21
> >   libstdc++ 8     8
> >
> > So, using -O3 still breaks some more gcc torture tests (but the
> > build seems to work well).  But I think those two extra libstdc++
> > failures ought to be mentoned.
> >
> > Python: for me, test_normalization passed on each build.  Not sure
> > if it still fails for you guys ?

It fails trying to download some test file from Internet.  I guess it passed on
your PC because your host has nscd running and it cached the IP of
www.pythontest.net, then /etc/resolv.conf is not used.  I disabled nscd because
it's causing problems in my network environment.

And should we put `make test` into a <screen><userinput>?  Then jhalfs would run
it.  Currently we have an empty log like
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/10.0-rc1/AMD3900X/test-logs/847-Python-3.8.5
.

> > coreutils: We say test-getlogin is known to fail, but in each of my
> > builds I have:
> > SKIP: test-getlogin

It still fails on my build.

> > util-linux: we pass -k to make check without specifying any details.
> > For me, column/invalid multibyte failed on each of my builds.

I didn't see the failure.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>