Karna Puri-Sengupta wrote:

Hello all,

i finished building LFS yesterday and everything worked fine.

Apart from ifconfig. How come? Actually i searched thru Freshmeat

and found the binaries from net-tools, which also included ifconfig.

I extracted it into a folder and configured it:

But during compilation i get the following error:

inet_src.c:108:Error : Mark at the end of an compound statement *my
translations* :o)
make [1] *** [inet_sr.o] error 1

Is there any way to get a net tools which compiles with my lfs?

I followed the instructions http://www.lfs-matrix.de/lfs/view/6.0/chapter07/network.html

to set up the network scripts. I would be thankful for any hint.

greetings

karna

--

lfs 15067

We don't use net-tools, we use iproute2. If you want to use net-tools look in the BLFS page for net-tools.

--
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LFS User # 2577