Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:

> Le Sun, 8 May 2005 00:07:04 +0100 (BST) Ken Moffat
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a ?crit :
>
>> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
>>

>> > So if there are other Radeon users on this list (especially those
> using
>> > DRI, I think), I'd like to ask them a few questions.
>> >

>> 9200se here, on i686.  No problems except for occasional loss of control
>> with one of the screensavers (that is, screen freezes and box seems
>> dead, although last time it responded to Magic SysRQ key).
>
> That's the name I was looking for.

Known bug, bzflag triggered it 100% reliably for me with Xorg 6.8.1 and 6.8.2.
The solution was to switch to the latest CVS Mesa and DRI. This type of
lockups also doesn't happen with proprietary ATI drivers, but with them, wine
irreversibly blanks the screen.

cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/mesa co Mesa
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/dri co drm
cd Mesa
make OPT_FLAGS="-O2" linux-dri-x86
# back up /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL*
cp lib/libGL* /usr/X11R6/lib
cp lib/*_dri.so /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri

Note, however, that at present, software rendering is broken in CVS Mesa.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov