> Hi Kevin,
>
> Tks for your advice.
>
> - snip -
>
> > Well, it is supposed to be umask not umash.
> >
> > cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
> > set +h
> > umask 022
> > LFS=/mnt/lfs
> > LC_ALL=POSIX
> > PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> > export LFS LC_ALL PATH
> > EOF
>
> Ah, I realize that I made a typing mistake on "umask"
>
> I did it again as follows;
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# su - lfs
> bash: umash: command not found
> lfs:~$ cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
> > set +h
> > umask 022 (typing the correct word)
> > LFS=/mnt/lfs
> > LC_ALL=POSIX
> > PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> > export LFS LC_ALL PATH
> > EOF
> lfs:~$ source ~/.bash_profile
> lfs:~$ echo $LFS
> /mnt/lfs
> lfs:~$ cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 3.4.3
> 20050227 (Red Hat 3.4.3-22)) #1 Mon Jun 13 00:52:08
> EDT 2005
> lfs:~$
>
> Before proceeding further, how can I check I have
> committed no mistake in previous steps.
>
> TIA
>
> B.R.
> Stephen

Well, since you aren't very far yet and that's the only configuration
file you've really had to make, as long as everything is successfully
mounted, you should be good so far since all you've done so far is
make/mount the partitions, download packages, create the tools dir, and
add a new user and set up the user's environment.  Just make sure to
watch what you're typing and you might just want to copy and paste long
segments, especially when making configuration files.

--
Kevin M. Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>