Hello out there,

I searched the internet the last two days to get my Intel Pro/1000 MT
Dual Port Server Adapter running.

I created my LFS with SVN Version 20050630 and had no major problems
with building it.
I now compiled a nice fresh 2.6.12.2 Kernel with hotplug and module
support which runs fine, also with the ck3s-patch.

Because the network card is not support by the kernel itself I
downloaded the driver at Intel's. Compiling into the Kernel ist not
possible you have to compile a module.

The problem now is that I do not get eth0 (rather eth1 for the second
port)! I added the module e1000 to /etc/sysconfig/modules and it is
loaded at boot time (can be proofed by lsmod, e1000 is the only module
in my system as I prefer compiling things into kernel). But still when
the system boots:

Bringing up the eth0 interface...
Interface eth0 doesn't exist. [WARN]

Also I have to say that in Chapter 7.12 I already defined an ip-address
for eth0.

Btw: Quoting from the system exactly is a bit complicated because of the
missing network ability. But cat /proc/pci shows 2 pci devices (I think
one for each port of the dual port card) so the card really exists.

So how to get eth0 (and eth1) to work??

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
- Ricky Blankenaufulland