Archaic wrote:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 12:11:08PM +0300, Ilja Honkonen wrote:
No it did not, I noticed this when Groff wouldn't configure complaining that
it couldn't compile c++ programs. There were no gcc or c++ or even cc in
/usr/bin. Very strange, but everyting worked after I installed gcc.
Should I compile ncurces again?

First, this is lfs-dev, not lfs-support. You need to followup on

Sorry about that

lfs-support. Second, by symlinking the c++ compiler from /tools into
/usr you have corrupted the build process. You should go back and

I only symlinked libstdc++.so (and .6), does that make any difference?

reinstall gcc by the book and then rebuild every package that uses any
c++ in it. Some use just a tiny bit, some use a lot. If you can
determine absolutely which packages need c++, then should be able to get
away with rebuilding just those packages. Otherwise, rebuild everything

I installed gcc by the book just before Groff (6.27), so it should be enough to rebuild packages 6.15-6.26?

from gcc on.

Thanks
Ilja