I did some tests and I find the results very strange.
Since the error message seemed to mean that gcc searched for ld-linux in /tools/bin (in >/mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: >warning: ld-linux.so.2, needed by /tools/lib/libc.so.6, not found (try using
>-rpath or -rpath-link) )
I created a symetric link /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 to /tools/bin/ld-linux.so.2 . Then I ran again the test with dummy.c. It was compiled without error message. The strange thing commes when I run readelf. I get : Requesting program interpreter : /lib/ld-linux.so.2

I guess I badly set some variable but I can't find which one.

JD

Julien Demoor wrote:

It actually worked well at first. I just tried again and it's broken now, the error message is similar to the one in my originat post and the same happens whether I call cc or gcc.

It would seem so, yes. That suggests that the toolchain adjustment stage didn't work correctly. Did the 'sanity check' (in the big caution box) work correctly?

Matt.