Hi
Host System : lfs live cd version:x86-6.1-2.
Book vresion: 6.1
I have 2 Q :
first:
        In part 4.2(page 43) we make a symlink(/tools);The
explanation of the book is :
        The created symlink enables the toolchain to be
compiles so that it always referes to /tools, meaning
that the compiler ... will work both in this
chapter(when we are using some tools from the host)and
the next (when we are ''chrooted'' to the LFS
partition).
        Now I want to know that if i don't make this link
then it means i can't use these toolsin chapter 5
?(Actually the explanation of the book wasn't so clear
for me)

Second:
        In part 5.3(page 53) we use  these commands :
        mkdir ../binutils-build
        cd ../binutils-build
        Now the question is :
        what is the path of the binutils-build ?(BTW : I know
what does ../ mean)
Thanks in advance

this is my signature . hope be helpfull to security