On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

hi ken
thanks a lot .

My system is
CPU is Duron 1200
memory is 512 MB
HD is 2 GB
files system is  1.5 GB
swap patition is .5 GB

It enough or not ?

thanks

Ouch, a 2GB disk is tiny. Compilation (particularly in glibc) can create a lot of temporary files. The error you quoted originally said that swap was not enabled, so you need to check that, e.g. in 'top'.

For my current builds I've moved to 4GB for '/' (with /home on a separate filesystem), but for a slimmed-down desktop system I think you will probably need at least 2.5GB on '/'. The processor and memory should be adequate (I've built several systems on a duron 1000 with 512MB).

If you are stuck with this amount of disk, try using LDFLAGS='-s' on each make to avoid creating the debugging symbols. It might work, but there are no guarantees.

Ken
--
 das eine Mal als Trag�die, das andere Mal als Farce