Thank you for your answer...

Ok, I understand, I must follow the book natively.
However I HAVE TO build a kernel with the stack protector option set
on, that is a "must".

So, when do you suggest me to apply the right patches on the right
packages during the entire process?
Should I apply propolice patches in Pass1 or in Pass2 ?

Thank you,
Francesco