mrdaniel wrote:
hi,

i got another situation here that the following messages appeared in the boot
process :-

starting system log daemon ...
nice: syslogd: no such file or directory

starting kernel log daemon ....
nice: klogd: no such file or directoty.

we had checked and the /etc/syslog.conf has been coded and even after booting,
checked that file is there.

please advise.

thanks

Daniel,

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Your constant asking of basic questions and lack of ability to debug problems, is now becoming old.

I suggest you build up a basic level of understanding of linux by using one of the distros I suggested earlier.

I'll re-list them correcting my typo before Randy is setup on me.

http://fedora.redhat.com
http://www.debian.org
http://www.ubuntu.org
http://www.suse.com

I don't know why your trying to build 3lfs systems on different harddisks, but being honest with you, please please please use another distro to get a basic understanding of how to use linux before progressing with LFS.

Matt