On Aug 24, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Richard Melville wrote:

When I built my LFS system, i got the GRUB error 18 message at stage 1.5. i looked this up and saw something about my disk was beyond the scope of the BIOS or something (the meaning of error 18).

Isn't this the error referred to in the LFS book - the one it says to ignore.

Richard

Even if i ignore it, it still doesnt solve the booting problem. I should have added that it hangs after it says that

Colin Kemp
Manager of:
GreenBall Enterprises,
www.greenballenterprises.net