On 10/9/06, Richard Caldwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
    using LiveCD, version 6.0 of book I've encountered the
following problem in section 5.13 of book, checking if the host
system PTYs are set up correctly.
I ran command:
expect -c "spawn ls"
the system responds with:
spawn ls

I've tried running this from several directories as it was indicated in the
archives that this was the source of a similar problem(if it is a problem!)
The book tells what an 'error' response might be but it doesn't clarify
what the correct response is? Is this response OK? guessing not?

That's the correct response when everything's working. You only need
to worry if it tells you there are no more ptys, I think.

--
Dan