On Tuesday 19 February 2008 4:20:32 pm Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:45:17PM -0600, mark jones wrote:
> > I'm not at a Linux Box right now, so I can't test my theory. . .  But
> > perhaps 'make' is objecting to being stripped while in action?
> >
> > What would happen if you were to 'cp make' to to a temporary location
> > (like pwd) and then run that copy of make?
> >
> > cd /trunk/Chapter-06
> > cp /tools/bin/make .
> >  ./make -C Stripping
> > rm ./make
>
>  ???
>
>  Your first paragraph sounds as if you are replying to something,
> but I don't see any references.
>
>  Perhaps this was about something on an alfs-related list.
>
> ĸen
> --
> das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

I think he was replying to a earlier post by me.
I was having trouble with striping the files in chapter 06 in a script that I
am using.  When I ran the script to strip the files it would work (strip the
files w/success) but the make file would error upon completion.

 I have not solved the problem. ;(