> This is really maddening because I'm so close to finishing, I'm on
> section 8.4 of lfs 6.3, "Making the LFS System Bootable" and when I
> use grub it gives me "Error 21: Selected disk does not exist."  The
> host distribution is Ubuntu 7.10 and since I'm new to this I haven't
> deviated from the book.  Thanks.
> Ben

Without seeing your menu.lst file and what partition(s) you are using
it's hard to comment.  I assume that you are aware of the difference
between the GRUB partition naming convention and that of Linux, e.g.
(hd0,0) ==hda1.  Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "when I use GRUB";
do you mean when you boot LFS?

Richard Melville