On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 10:02:37PM -0400, alupu wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Ken Moffat <k...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm still having trouble understanding this : you're saying that
> you are in chroot building lfs-dev, and symlinks in your original
> install are breaking, causing problems in e.g. Vim.
> > Note that at this point in a normal build we don't have vim,
> and whatever we do in chroot should not alter your host system.
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Rarely have I seen two _totally_ disjointed conversations!
>
> I take just your first paragraph above as an example.
> Where did you see me using the words:
> - chroot
> - lfs-dev
> - Vim

 I wasn't going to bother replying, because Chris has already done
so.  But the reference to lfs-dev perhaps needs further explanation.

 In this context, I used lfs-dev to mean the development book.  Your
subject mentions ncurses-5.7, the last LFS release used 5.6, so I
assumed you were following the development book.