On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Giorgio
Gambino<gambino.gior...@gmail.com> wrote:
> mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: regular expression compile failed
> (bad class -- [], [^] or [)
> /[^
> mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: syntax error at or near ]
> mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: runaway regular expression /, "",
The answer is pretty obious: You are using mawk.

To fix your plobrem, if you are using Debian/Ubuntiu, run this:

sudo apt-get install gawk.

Then, if you are using Debian, run this command:

sudo apt-get remove mawk (On Ubuntu, apt-get complained at me for
removing mawk, as it was ensitial for the system)

William