Geoff Howell wrote:

> Justin, I may have misinterpreted your reply - are you asking whether
> I altered the lfs book's instructions to install libop* to a specific
> location other than it's default? If so, the answer is no, I haven't
> modified the book's instructions at all.
> I recall checking to see whether the result of my binutils
> installation looked like a) the debian 'lenny' installation I'm
> working from, and from my kubuntu host (on which my VirtualBox -
> hosted debian system is running) - I don't recall seeing the missing
> lib's anywhere on any of the systems - but will of course double check
> tonight.

my bad(bad advice on my part).
What I was asking is maybe you installed those
libs in the same location of the host instead of
/tool.(DESTDIR=* is how define the destination
of where you want your new build installed, keep in mind
libc use install_root=).
I did follow the book, but then again was so anxious to get
the thing booted I skipped parts here and there.

Justin P. Mattock