On 12/16/09, stosss  wrote:
>>> On 12/15/09, Pixel 73 wrote:
>> Thank you very much for your help. What can I do, if I already did 'make
>> install'? How can I uninstall again?

In linux, attempted uninstall risks more harm than good unless you
really know what might  break which is usually not the case.

At 6.12, GCC-4.1.2, the "Readjusting the toolchain" step has already
been done, so only a super-geek has any chance to go to anything
before that without starting at the beginning.

Something has gone wrong and it is possible that the resulting system
will be flawed. On the other hand, it is possible that you missed
something in the GCC-4.1.2 step. As an exercise, it may be possible to
remove the unpacked GCC-4.1.2 sources dir and the gcc-build dir and do
that step again. This time  paying close attention to the 'make" and
'make -k check' and perhaps logging the output for close examination
like:
make 2>&1 | tee my_log1
make -k check 2>&1 | tee my_log2

If you get the same failure again, then it would be best to start over
from the beginning which you might be advised to do anyway.