Hi again,Firstly thanks to everyone who helped me with my binutils problem,
that finally worked out.now i have a problem with GCC pass 1, i installed GMP
and MPFR as per the instructions said, with the exception that MPFR was .tar.gz
not .tar.bz2 so i had to change tar -jxf ../mpfr-2.4.1.tar.bz2 to tar zxf
../mpfr-2.4.1. Now when i go to make GCC, i get this message:
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.2+.Try the
--with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.Copies of
these libraries' source code can be found at their respectivehosting sites as
well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.See also
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.If you
obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, makesure that you
have installed both the libraries and the header files.They may be located in
separate packages.
My host is Ubuntu 9.10
Thanks in advance,Hamish