Ok, I built my system on an external drive. It has two partitions, busically I
split a 1.5 TB right down the middle. I used the 2nd partition for the build. I
have not reached the grub section yet. What my intention was to modify my
existing grub to point to the partition with LFS on it and boot. So I am at the
point to create /etc/fstab and its looking for the root partition and swap
devices. Here are my present two lines for the root and swap on Centos:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                      ext3    defaults       1 1
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                   swap    defaults       0 0

and my present LFS partition:
/dev/sdc2               /mnt/lfs                  ext3    defaults       1 5

I am not sure that after booting the current '/' and swap will be recognized as
they are now. Or if /mnt/lfs will be recognized as /dev/sdc2. If they are, I
can set up the LFS fstab.

Has anyone tried a similar setup?