On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Mike McCarty
<mike.mcca...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Jordan Peters wrote:
>> i'm using the ubuntu linux livecd to make my 6.5 lfs install and i'm
>> wondering how to save the variables and such i make during the book.
>> like is there a way to save the info created during section 4.4 while
>> setting up .bash_profile and .bashrc and save the lfs user in the end of
>> 4.3?
>
> You got two pretty good replies, neither of which described
> what I used for that.
>
> I did basically the same thing you are, but with the LFS 6.3 LiveCD.
> However, I used another technique. I wrote a little script file which I
> put into the topmost level of the new file system, which did all the
> setup. Later, when I needed it, I wrote another which also reentered the
> chroot environment.

Both of your scripts could be figured out. The second one probably a
lot easier and faster then the first, but would you be willing to
share the details of those scripts especially the first one? Like
maybe post it some where so any one that wants to take a look can.