On 3/23/10, Simon Geard <delga...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 11:39 -0700, brown wrap wrote:
>> I tried that. NO inputs work. Not USB or PS/2 mouse and old XT keyboard.
>
> Ok, that's something. If no input devices work, that might point to
> options under "HID Devices" not being enabled (HID = Human Interface
> Device). I have the following enabled (as modules):
>
> Device Drivers -> HID Devices
> Device Drivers -> HID Devices -> Generic HID support
> Device Drivers -> HID Devices -> USB Human Interface Device (full HID)
> support

Just some homework.
Wierd messages in the log.
Are config settings dubious?
IRQ problem?

------------------------------
brown pastebin sys.log has
http://pastebin.com/EGZYEdMe

Mar 16 22:46:27 guajome-dome kernel: [    9.460024] ehci_hcd
0000:00:04.1: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably using the
wrong IRQ.

--------------------------------------
brown pastebin config has
http://pastebin.com/TVa6pvbx

CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS=y
CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS_NO__DO_IRQ=y
CONFIG_GENERIC_IRQ_PROBE=y
CONFIG_GENERIC_PENDING_IRQ=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y
CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ=y
CONFIG_NUMA_IRQ_DESC=y
CONFIG_X86_REROUTE_FOR_BROKEN_BOOT_IRQS=y
# CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG is not set
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
CONFIG_ARCH_ENABLE_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y
CONFIG_ACPI_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_PCIE is not set
CONFIG_HT_IRQ=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=y
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_FAKE is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_ACPI is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_CPCI is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_SHPC is not set
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_SHARE_IRQ=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_DETECT_IRQ=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS=y
CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_SHIRQ is not set
# CONFIG_IRQSOFF_TRACER is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITY_ROOTPLUG is not set
CONFIG_HID_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_HID=y
# CONFIG_HIDRAW is not set
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_HID_PID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
# Special HID drivers
CONFIG_HID_A4TECH=y
CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y
CONFIG_HID_BELKIN=y
CONFIG_HID_CHERRY=y
CONFIG_HID_CHICONY=y
CONFIG_HID_CYPRESS=y
CONFIG_HID_DRAGONRISE=y
CONFIG_HID_EZKEY=y
CONFIG_HID_KYE=y
CONFIG_HID_GYRATION=y
CONFIG_HID_TWINHAN=y
CONFIG_HID_KENSINGTON=y
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=y
CONFIG_HID_MICROSOFT=y
CONFIG_HID_MONTEREY=y
CONFIG_HID_NTRIG=y
CONFIG_HID_PANTHERLORD=y
CONFIG_HID_PETALYNX=y
CONFIG_HID_SAMSUNG=y
CONFIG_HID_SONY=y
CONFIG_HID_SUNPLUS=y
CONFIG_HID_GREENASIA=y
CONFIG_HID_SMARTJOYPLUS=y
CONFIG_HID_TOPSEED=y
CONFIG_HID_THRUSTMASTER=y
CONFIG_HID_ZEROPLUS=y

CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_DETECT_IRQ
Help text

Say Y here if you want the kernel to try to guess which IRQ to use for
your serial port.

This is considered unsafe; it is far better to configure the IRQ in a
boot script using the setserial command.

If unsure, say N.

CONFIG_HOTPLUG
Help text

Say Y here if you want to plug devices into your computer while the
system is running, and be able to use them quickly. In many cases, the
devices can likewise be unplugged at any time too.

One well-known example of this is PCMCIA- or PC-cards, credit-card
size devices such as network cards, modems, or hard drives which are
plugged into slots found on all modern laptop computers. Another
example, used on modern desktops as well as laptops, is USB.

CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI
Help text

Say Y here if you have a motherboard with a PCI Hotplug controller.
This allows you to add and remove PCI cards while the machine is
powered up and running.

To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module will be
called pci_hotplug.

When in doubt, say N.