Trent Shea wrote:
> On March 31, 2010 05:31:07 pm Ken Moffat wrote:
>
>>  Quite why anyone would want to read it now, other than to compare
>> what has changed, is beyond me.
>>
> I agree with Ken. I see you fighting with KDE-3, but it's mainly because
> you're building a version that's not maintained - not officially anyways...

Yes my goal is a successful build of KDE3...by hook or by crook ;)

> The few packages that I have (or had) gcc-4.4 trouble with have been updated
> or documented, the amount of time to sort them out would be far less than a
> rebuild, push on!

I just want to fetch some information.

I would like not to rebuild the system,  I want to look at compiling
gcc-4.3.2 to see if I can be successful.
If I can build gcc-4.3.2 into /opt/gcc-4.3.2 and then use that to build
KDE3 successfully then I am good to go and I won't
have to rebuild the system I am working with now.  That's my plan...even
if it doesn't work, at least I'll know what not to do!

I want to use  KDE 3.5.10 as my desktop, otherwise I will have to move
to Xcfe
I am _NOT_ going to KDE 4.x and gnome doesn't cut it for me.