On 04/26/2010 10:42 AM, Jannis Kafkoulas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using LFS book 6.6 and try build lfs on a debian etch.
> I think I've done everything as described.
>
> I also downloaded the newest config scripts from git.savannah.gnu.org but the
> message remains the same...
>
> Any idea?
>

> Thanks

There is no need to download any config.guess script. My guess is your
host system must be missing some program that config.guess needs. Did
you check that you have all needed packages as described on the "Host
System Requirements" page?

Also, the Binutils source and build directories are in the wrong place -
you should be unpacking it from $LFS/sources, not $LFS. If you've
chowned $LFS to the lfs user or chmodded it to make it world-writable,
change it back. Otherwise, you had to have unpacked Binutils as root,
which you should not be doing - you must use the lfs user through all of
Chapter 5.