> > I imagine this will be ok.
> >
> > Fun!
> >

> No, not ok.
> /sources/glibc-build/nscd/connections.o: In function `main_loop_epoll':
> /sources/glibc-2.11.1/nscd/connections.c:2005: undefined reference to
> `__stack_chk_guard'

So it IS reproducible!  You just have to start with a gcc-3.x.

> > Is there some good reason I shouldn't continue with 6.6 now?
>
> No.  I was just asking for clarification.

I'm pressing onward, then.

IIUC, my diddled Stage2-glibc (Pass1) made nscd without SSP, but nscd
isn't needed/used by gcc.  So my Stage2-gcc build made a clean gcc-4
compiler that knows the SSP trick.  Then my Stage2-glibc (Pass2) build
without the diddled nscd Makefile got compiled with the SSP trick
embedded in nscd.  I guess I don't quite understand why that finished
Stage1 compiler is still "contaminated" any better than anybody else,
but it's gone now.  I think.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm