On 06/14/2010 06:43 AM, Face wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM, littlebat<dashing.m...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> It seems you have missed something, I remember we should always use
>> non-root user (lfs) to compile LFS in chapter 5 at least.
>>
>> See:
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.6/chapter04/addinguser.html
>>
>> --
>> littlebat<dashing.m...@gmail.com>
>

> when i add lfs user i  get permissions problems

If you are getting permission errors with the lfs user, it means you've
missed something. You need to rm -rf $LFS/tools/* and start back at the
beginning of Chapter 4. When it says to become the lfs user, you do
that, and you do *not* use root until it explicitly says to. If you do
get permissions errors, you must go back to see what the problem is (or,
of course, ask for help here), not just force root. My guess is that
you've probably missed something else on page 5.3 - you must keep in
mind everything mentioned in the IMPORTANT boxes on that page through
the whole LFS book.