> ...but now there's another issue....
> i'm getting another kernal panic, as detailed below:
>
> Warning: unable to open initial console.
> Kernal panic: not syncing: no init found. Try passing the init= option
> to the kernal.
>
> what should i pass? please inform :D

I had that too sometime ago. As far as I can remember the problem was that
the kernel was looking in the wrong partition, so I think your root=.....
kernel bootparameter is still not o.k.

Another thing: if you are booting from an usb-drive, do not forget to add
the kernel bootparameter rootdelay=10; an usb-drive is rather slow in
coming up.

Hans Kaper.