On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Face <falaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> after solving my last problem i went Through the rest of the book
> without any problems. However, when i try to boot to the new system
> nothing happen i only get this
>
> Booting from Hard Disk ...
>
> and it freeze
>From looking at the fstab, it looks like you are using the decerpated
ATA setup. You should not be doing this. Disable the decperated ATA
support and enable SATA and PATA support option, and select whatever
hard drive controller you're using (lspci is your friend here), and
select "Generic ATA Support". Also, modify your fstab from
/dev/hda{1,5} to /dev/sda{1,5}.

Also, can you please give me an ls of /dev from your host system, and
what host system is it?

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.